A couple of years ago I found on a magazine a survey asking which one item a lady would never do without, the answer was “the mascara”. It is indeed a very important part of our makeup and – what some people don’t know- they are made up of proteins and waxes, which is great for our eye lashes.
Mascara could only have done 1st place because of the importance of having flawless eyelashes for a woman. It’s not always an easy task and that is the reason why I have decided to gather 10 advices together on how to get flawless eyelashes:
- Never forget to wipe off excess mascara: If you want to prevent clumps that’s what you have to do! If your mascara is new, you will notice that you may get clumpy lashes for the first few uses. All you need to do is to remove the excess with a tissue.
- Keep your lashes curled longer: Try to apply a thicker coat of mascara at the root of your lashes and a lighter toward the ends, this will prevent the lashes to straighten out after a few minutes. Just wiggle the brush back and forth at the base of your lashes and then swipe to the tips.
- Mix waterproof mascara and regular formula: Waterproof mascara is great at holding curls but it’s also difficult to remove. You can prevent that applying your normal formula first and the waterproof mascara on top of it.
- For thicker lashes hold the brush at a horizontal angle: YES! How you hold your brush can make a huge difference on how your lashes will turn out to be. If you hold the brush at a horizontal angle and wiggle it back and forth you will get voluminous lashes. If you hold it vertically and run it to the tip of the brush along the length of your lashes it will look longer and more natural.
- Soak your mascara tube in a cup of hot water to prevent a clumpy look: This really helps a lot. Just close the tube and set it in hot water. (Remember to change your mascara every 3 months to prevent any eye infections).
- Hold a spoon underneath your eye when applying mascara on your lashes: You can use it for lower and upper lashes – that your way the mascara won’t land on your skin.
Dust baby powder over your lashes between the first and second coats of mascara: Baby powder has a grip, it will stick to your lashes make it appear voluminous.
- Use a toothbrush to de-clump your mascara: Buy a new toothbrush and comb it through your eyelashes from root to tip. It will help you get rid of the excess of mascara!
- Heat your eyelash curler with a blow-dryer: If you heat up your curler, waits until it cools slightly and the curl your lashes, you will note that your lashes will curl easily and also hold the shape longer than usually.
- Apply eyelash glue to false lashes with a cotton swab: This way you can control the amount of glue on the lashes. Spread the glue with the tip of the cotton swab and wait a few minutes for the glue to get tacky before applying.