I love microdermabrasion! If you haven’t heard of it yet, microdermabrasion is a great skin-care technique known for its “instant facelift” and anti aging effects. In this procedure, the upper skin layer -and its dead cells- is removed. You will get a fresh, soft and younger skin as a result.
How does it work? The microdermabrasion uses tiny rough grains, often tiny crystals, to reach this deep peeling effect by buffing away the surface layer of skin.
When we use facial creams or lotions on our skin, only few of the moisture passes through the top most layer called stratum corneum. On this layer you will find fine lines, blemishes and wrinkles. Microdermabrasion acts on the stratum corneum, causing a skin renewal and also a better absorbtion of creams and facial masks.
I actually take very good care of my skin, but I also have good gens – I always have to show my ID because people think I’m 15-16 years old although I’m almost knocking on 30’s door (haha!). I discovered microdermabrasion whilst looking for an acne treatment, when a woman has some sort of hormonal disorder it’s like getting back to adolescence, right? I started having one session every 2 months and a few of sessions were enough to solve my problem.
I still go to my esthetician three times a year but I decided to buy also a home kit for myself. It is not 100% the same as a microdermabrasion but it works better than any peeling – and I also save money cause one session microdermabrasion costs from 100$-200$.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles;
- Evens out skin tone;
- Reduces and prevents age spots;
- Treats sum damaged skin;
- Reduces acne and acne scars;
- Smoothens skin;
- Removes white and black heads;
- Brightens up skin
- Tightens skin and shrinks pores;
- Increases the penetration and effectiveness of skin care products.
Cautions on Microdermabrasion:
- Check the training of your sthetician, cause the results depend on her/his expertise.
- If you buy a Microdermabrasion kit, follow their advices – you don’t want to hurt your skin!
- Apply sunscreen and stay out of the sun for a couple of days after your treatment.