Summer calls for bright colours, white, florals and prints but – thanks to Gucci, Giambattista Valli and Co – it doesn’t mean that dark shades are taboo. We all agree that wearing black on a hot summer day is not an easy task to master but here you will read how to stay cool while wearing black:
1. Black outfits are heat-absorbing but if you stay away from polyester and opt for cotton instead you will stay cool. Leave sleavers of skin open choosing a high-waisted skirt – dare to risk and add a crop top to your outfit too!
2. Show arms and legs and keep the fabric light weight. Try jumpsuits, either all black or monochromatically-graduated prints. Just remember that you should keep your outfit fresh and appropriate for summer.
3. Black is perfect on a the 9-5 look. Try silk breathable clothing. This fabrics can keep you cool during the day and warm during the night.
4. I love trousers! They are as comfy as joggers and wearing a thin fabric makes them conductive to the warm weather. Try paring them with short-sleeved striped tops and you will have an all-day-long outfit.
5. If you don’t want to wear a full dose of black what about opt for little bits of black and white? Try some great black/white or jeans shorts (boyfriend pants are also a great option!) and a pair of black flats.