Today is May Day! It doesn’t matter if you are celebrating Spring or if it is Labour day in your country, today is a nice day to relax but also to put the house in order – I’m not talking about a major project but what about some Feng Shui tips that everyone should know?
Feng Shui is a system of laws that was developed over 3000 years ago in China. It shows us how to arrange our evironment so that energy (chi) is able to flow smoothly.
- Remove clutter from your home: A good start to make your space feel a little lighter is getting rid of some of that unnecessary stuff all of us have at home.
- Keep the toilet lid down: Women keep tellying guys to keep the lid down – and Feng Shui is on our side! The toilet is a drain and keeping it open is allowing all the good energy to leave your environment.
- Plants are awesome: They are a part of our nature, they mean growth and creativity, they purify the air – what else do you want?
- Balance your bedroom: Two night stands (even if you are single) will bring the balance of the number two to your bed. They don’t need to match though!
- Don’t work with your back facing the door: When someone faces a door at their working place, it gives this person a powerful position in that space. If your back is facing the door, you are in a compromising position – people can sneak up on you. If you can’t change it, one way to balance this situation is putting a mirror above your desk.
- “No” to broken things: Broken door handles, broken appliancies and broken objects- what are they doing in your room? They are just occupying place without having any function.
I hope you guys enjoyed today’s post. Have a great time and seize the day!