Danielle Prescod, one of ELLE’s Fashion Editors, shared very interesting secrets of Victoria’s Secret Angel Adriana Lima. She got in touch with Adriana Lima’s nutricionist, AKA “the emergency guy, Dr Charles Passler and went through the whole Angel bootcamp recipe. Dr. Passler explained her that the goal was to get her down to 20% body fat with protein and healthy fat and she would master it in 6 steps
1. Stress Management: I guess everybody has already heard how stress can affect our lives and body – also our weight. So let’s take the chill pill and relax a little!
2. Sleep: There is the theory that we lose the most weight whilst sleeping. Dr. Passler recommends going to bed at 10 P.M. and waking up at 6 A.M. to have a restful night.
3. Breathing: Breathing well is very important to offer our body cells energy to burn calories.
4. Hydration: Our body need water! If it doesn’t get enough water then it will be under stress (and rule number 1 is…?) and you won’t lose weight. So remember, at least two litres of water per day!
5. Exercise: It represents 20% of what we need to lose weight. What many people prolly don’t know ist that not exercising is as bad as over-exercising – over-exercising can cause inflammations causing the body to shut down the weight loss process (I know that, cause I tend to over-exercise!!).
6. Diet: Dr. Passler recommends a diet with no less than 1500 calories per day and he knows what he is talking about!
But before all that we need an 8 days detox!
8:00 A.M. Breakfast Shake
11:00 A.M. Snack 1/2 Bar
12:30 P.M. Lunch Vegetables
2:00 P.M. Snack Shake
5:00 P.M. Snack 1/2 Bar
6:30 P.M. Dinner Vegetables
BAD NEWS: The shakes are a coctail of medical food and protein that Dr. Passler prescribes individually for each patient – so, sadly we have no recipes for us.
After nine days, Danielle Prescod had lost seven pounds without any hunger feeling, she had more energy to get out of the bed in the morning and had changed her lifestyle. Oh, and, when she asked Dr. Passler about cheat days, he answered: “If you have all of your finances squared away and you go on vacation and spend a little bit more money, when you come back from vacation, you are still going to be in a good place, right? But if you are already at a deficit and you go and spend more money on vacation, when you come back, you are going to be at a worse deficit.” Well, come on!!! One slice of pizza at the weekend won’t kill your diet but a whole pizza will… but if you want to look like a Victoria’s Secret Angel it does take a lot of work though!
Read more about her Victoria’s Secret adventure HERE.